Saturday, February 20, 2010

CNY (part II)

Cho Yat 初一 (the first day of CNY)




this year 'cho yat' falls on sunday. so practically we're going for to church first before we go for visitation (its not because we should, its we want:) When people say during CNY there's will be less people in the church, they so wrong, there's MORE. Though its a combine service with the chinese, and Ps Tim and Faith will be preaching and doing the translation at the same time which is pretty cool, there's more people as what i said, its not because its a combine service but there's more people visting the church since some of the visitors hometown happened to be around out church.
After church we went to my uncle's house (mum's bro no.1) for lunch and we're gonna eat only vege (some dish with bean curd, mushrooms, dong fun, etc etc) cause my mum said its some family tradition for my mum's side to eat that dish for 'cho yat'. I got no other choice but to eat:D
But this year is different because usually we're gonna eat with our granduncles, but my grandfather and my granduncle no.4 rent out my great-grandfather's shoplot where all (mum,aunty and uncles grew up). So this year will be only with my grandfather's family. Speaking of my grandfather, he has 7 siblings including him 8 of them. According to my mum my great-grandfather name my grandfather's and granduncles's name to form a sentence. Which i would breifly introduce my family lah:D
  1. granduncle no.1 (名)
  2. my grandfather (来)
  3. granduncle no.2 (富)
  4. granduncle no.3(贵)
  5. grandaunty no.1
  6. granduncle no.4(全)
  7. grandaunty no.2
    granduncle no.5(有)

    aunty's not included

So all together it forms

名来富贵全有
direct translation: reputation come wealth noble all have ( with the help of google translator:)
put it in your own words la huh:D




So that will be my mum's side



Yea, after having out lunch we'll go to our granduncle no.2's house (he's the one who stay in the shoplot before my grandfather rent it out, our host for our CNY before) Most of the grands will be there, so for us the younger dudes, its our favourite spot:D This year should be normal except for one. My aunty which just got married (registered) didn't want to give us any, which in return the other uncle's and aunty didn't give her in return >:D

(This aunty of mine daughter of grandaunt no.2 which i'm very closed to which is only 12 years older than me, her sister is only 8 years older than me which makes them the youngest of thier generation while i'm the oldest of my generation, so instead of mixing with my cousins which are still little cikus, i'll be mixing with my aunts and uncles)
complicated huh?
very:D


Anyway congratulations lah!

i'll remember what you did this CNY:D



After collecting we head straight to my dad's side. To be specific, its not my dad side but my late grandmother's (dad's mum) side. We went to my no.2 grandaunty's house, where i'll meet all my distanced relative, most of them would be my dad's cousin's children (very complicated huh) After that we went to my no.6 grandaunty's house.

To be honest, i'm quite confuse about my dad's side except for the closer ones which is :

uncle no.1 (the one that never comes for reunion, NEVER>:(

aunty no.1

uncle no.2 (passed away)

aunty no.2

aunty no.3

uncle no.3

my dad

additional aunty (not blood related)

thats all i know about my dad's side:( maybe its because both my grandparents passed away when i was young, then i didn't know much about them. While my maternal grandparents are still alive and well:D thats why i know about almost everything about my mum's side








Thats all for Cho Yat lah, i guess



TaTa

No comments:

Post a Comment